Need to connect to SQL Server Database using SQL Developer
This is an option available under SQL Developer which will allow us to connect to Third-Party Database systems. If we configure our SQL Developer, we can connect to SQL Server database.
Below mentioned are the steps which will ensure SQL server connectivity:
1) You need to have a Jar file in place for SQL server.
2) Download jTDS SQL Server driver - an open source JDBC driver from:-'http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/' to your local drive.
3) Unzip the folder
4) Open SQL Developer
5) Goto Tools -> Preferences -> Database -> Third Party JDBC Drivers
6) Click 'Add Entry', navigate to the unzipped folder
7) Select jtds-1.2.5.jar and click OK
8) Now goto the connections window and create a new connection
9) Give some connection name, enter proper username and password
10)Select 'SQLServer' Tab
11)Enter proper Hostname and leave Port as 1433 (Default). Change the port number only if it is running on running on some different port.
12)Click on Retrive Database button to fetch the Database name you want to connect
13) Test the connection
14) SUCCESS, Save the connection and press the connect button